Bring your kids, grades Kindergarten and older to read to one of our certified therapy dogs.
9:30 am or 10:00 am sessions available
1st Saturday of the month – January 4, February 1, March 7, April 4, May 2, June 6
Please call 440-944-6010, stop by the desk, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Reading Skills learned with reading to therapy dogs
- Reading to dogs gives children essential extra practice with reading and oral skills.
- Some children feel that reading becomes less difficult when reading to a dog and are more willing to read aloud at school.
- Reading to dogs has motivated some children to start reading more at home, especially to their pets.
- Children want to try reading more difficult books as they go through the reading to dogs program.
- Kids feel more confident when answering reading related questions.
- Research studies have shown that reading fluency can increase after participating in a reading to dogs program.